Survey Finds 22% of Single Seniors Used Online Dating Site or App
Last updated 3/18/2015 at 8:55pm | View PDF
iTOK, a U.S.-based technology advisory company that helps older adults get the most from their computers and devices, announced the results of a survey about seniors and online dating last month.
The company surveyed more than 100 people from its member base, primarily aged 55 and older, between January 30 and February 3. Some key findings include:
• 22% have used a dating website or app.
• 20% of those who haven't used a dating website or app are willing to try online dating.
• 4% met their significant other online.
• Top 3 reasons seniors use online dating (in order): companionship, casual relationship and love.
• Top 3 most popular dating sites for seniors: Match.com, eHarmony and OurTime.
"These survey results reinforce something we've known for a long time – that seniors are using technology to improve the quality of their lives," said Seth Bailey, CEO of iTOK. "We're thrilled with the notion that older adults are exploring new ways to meet people. They are breaking down stereotypes that online dating is only for the younger generations."
iTOK specializes its services to help older adults get the most from their computers and devices. For more information, visit http://www.itok.net.