Seven Tips to Help Seniors Get Affordable Car Insurance
Last updated 7/9/2021 at 9:28pm | View PDF
The number of senior citizens who are driving in the U.S. is constantly increasing. This means that the demand for affordable car insurance for senior drivers is also increasing. However, car insurance companies are seeing these things from a different perspective. The more senior drivers are on the roads, the higher are the chances for an accident to happen.
Nevertheless, senior drivers can obtain affordable car insurance if they follow the next tips:
• Look for senior driver discounts. Some insurance companies consider that seniors are safe, responsible and defensive drivers while on roads. For these reasons, senior drivers can gain a discount that is about 5% off their insurance.
• Enroll in a defensive driving course. Insurance companies will offer a discount to senior drivers who attend and graduate a defensive driving course from any of the state-approved training institutes.
• Drive safely. One of the best methods used by senior drivers to save money on insurance is to drive carefully in order to maintain a clean driving record and the no-claim bonus.
• Drop coverage on older vehicles. Seniors who have full coverage and drive older vehicles should think twice if keeping full coverage is worth it. Usually, if their car's value is less than ten full coverage payments, then senior drivers are recommended to drop full coverage and keep only the minimum required insurance by law.
• Obtain a low-mileage discount. Senior drivers are usually retired and are driving fewer miles than the average person, so senior drivers should contact their insurance providers and check if they are eligible for a low-mileage discount.
• Raise the deductible. One of the easiest methods used to save money on insurance is to raise the deductible. Senior drivers should raise the deductible only if they have enough money to pay for it if something happens to their vehicles and they need to file a claim.
• Compare quotes. Comparing online car insurance quotes can help senior drivers discover better insurance deals than the ones they currently have.
For more information, visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org, which brings online visitors deals from many different insurance carriers.